A recording of the minutes of the last official gathering of the 1000% Done With Joffrey’s Shit Society
It wasn’t that awful… well, okay, maybe it wasn’t the best but it had good Claudia action and psych guest stars and that’s really what I care about here. Still though, i understand your point, i have a list of criticisms a mile long.
Good parts of the episode:
- Claudia/Mrs. F (honestly, I would have gladly watched an hour of that.)
- I don’t watch Psych, so I don’t have an opinion there.
Bad parts of the episode:
- Without going into a huge essay on the subject… let me just say that I have a huge problem with storylines that feature a woman explicitly saying that she doesn’t want kids, and then making her pregnant…
- I hate how there was a romantic storyline in the same episode where there were jokes made about Myka’s younger sister being pregnant, and how Myka was failing at that aspect of her life. Why does she have to turn into some lovestruck idiot once her worth is questioned because she’s not married?
- The entire thing between Myka and hockey dude. In what universe would Myka suddenly forget that the guy was a dick to her just because he likes opera?
- The horribly shitty writing.
- The overly emotional women jokes.
- The jokes about pregnant women being crazy and incapable of doing things.
- ….The fact that the writing on this show has gone so far downhill that there are comparisons being made to glee.
- How the “we’re all a big happy family” dynamic is now shattered. AND BEFORE I AM YELLED AT BY ANYONE, LET ME CONTINUE… In context, Pete’s confession was not platonic. I really, really wish it was, but it wasn’t. The episode was about Pete’s wish getting Myka pregnant, you can’t argue that, and despite the stereotypes of my state (Kentucky, for those of you that don’t know), that shit is not what sibling level love leads to. Then, we have the end of the episode where Pete is lovingly looking at a babe, and Myka kinda smiles at him like she’s seeing him as a different man. Seriously, I would love for that confession to not be romantic in nature, but it sadly was.
Chloe Frazer is (sadly) a first for video games: she is a smart, competent, sexually aware pointedly heterosexual female character who constantly disagrees with and harries the main male character, sometimes out of self-interest and sometimes out of deeply felt connection and respect.
Reblogged for the most relevant to my life tags in the history of tumblr. I legitimately do this… a lot… at work. I wonder if people notice or if they think I am just staring at something hard for a few seconds. Perhaps, the lesson here is I should stop working for people who inspire such looks.
I’ve notice co-workers/managers see my reaction. They in return give me “wtf” face in return - with a hint of a smile, fortunately.
Nicole: Oh god, you’re breaking up with me, aren’t you?
Lana: I don’t want to hurt you.
Nicole: Than don’t. Of course you’re unsure. This is all new to you. We can work it out. You’ll see.
Lana: I don’t think so.
Nicole: We can take it as slowly as you want. I’m not asking for a big commitment.
Lana: I’m sorry. I can’t.
Since I am well-versed in the language called Soap (I have a masters degree in it), I was expecting this scene to come eventually, but I didn’t think it would happen quite so soon. I suppose the best time to break-up with someone is to do it when they are in a hospital bed with a broken leg and can’t chase after you. Now, before we all go yelling at Lana (although, I do want to hit her in the back of the head as I shout .. what is the matter with you!?!?), I think there is more than just GAY PANIC … I MIGHT BE GAY… THE WORST THING EVER…happening here. Sure, Lana is unsure about diving into her first same sex relationship and it is freaking her out, but she also keeps seeing Maia and Nicole together and there are obviously still lots of feelings there. Earlier in the episode, when she stares at Maia, JJ and Nicole having a pretty tender family moment, I would imagine she is wondering if she isn’t just Nicole’s consolation prize. She also brings up that Nicole told her Maia was the love of her life. Nicole’s unresolved feelings for Maia are not far from Lana’s thoughts. Nicole and Maia still have so much chemistry it is hard not to see it. And, really, who would want to jump into a relationship with the feeling that you may just be the stand-in. Never a comfortable place. The shot of Lana just after she dumps Nicole (oh, Nicole, my bb) isn’t one of relief. She is really conflicted. I hope this is only the first act in their storyline and that it doesn’t just end here because that would be a shame. Soaps are all about one moment of happiness surrounded by 80 moments of crap. Angst is what they thrive on.
When I was watching this show last go-around, I was pretty much all about Maia and how cute she was, but now Nicole has completely won my heart. I don’t want to see you hurting, pretty girl.
Good lord, it has been a terrible few days for almost couples I ship. :(